Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lineup

I still do a lot of visual development. I like trying different styles all the time and it's a good exercise to step out of your comfort zone and try different things.

So I was playing around with shapes and proportions and came up with a little lineup (I did not draw all of the sisters but I would like to extend this and maybe create cute couple drawings too).

This is a first draft... so Kane's left side is a bit too wide and lacks continuity and also... I prefer his proportions in the bookmark too.
LOL the things I do for fun! XDDD

1 comment:

Lauand said...

Ha, ha, poor Cat, he's sort of Peter Lorre-ish in this style!

I also liked the bookmark's proportion better, but maybe that's because you said it was a bookmark and I could visualize it perfectly as such (length being the prominent dimension)?

But my favourite non-canonical proportion is still the "chibi" one. I loved the calendar to pieces.