Saturday, December 18, 2010

Merry Christmas the Pirate way - part 1


Merry Christmas the pirate way by ~Dedasaur on deviantART

I have another present for you today - mostly I am posting it right now because I will have major electricity shut down tomorrow and so you won't see me at all!

Merry Christmas - the pirate way - Part 1!


(yup, it's a set! They are all coming your way).

This card is called: we missed daddy very much!

If you ask me... Christmas is a day like any other and any day could be Christmas.

We have been brainwashed for ages to go buy presents and have fancy meals... even though the brainwashing goes as far as: it's a season of joy, a season for giving, it's a season for sharing, it's a season where miracles happen.

They are still selling an idea so that you go buy stuff.

For me Christmas is any day, during the year, where you have peace of mind and your heart is calm. Does not necessarily means you have to be with the loved ones - it's Christmas when I draw - but each and every one of us has different happy islands that makes life better and for some a lover or family just makes the deal.

When it comes to our pirates they really don't celebrate... you'd have to even know or believe that a certain tradition exists... but what if you are at sea? When do you get to celebrate? So Christmas is just another random day... but when they return home it's Christmas day!

Whenever I listen to "every time we say goodbye"... I always think of the doctor sailing away with Balthasar while his beloved Cassandra and cute little boy stay on land and continue to live their ordinary lives. It must be really painful for them to separate...
The song says:

Ev'ry time we say goodbye
I die a little,
ev'ry time we say goodbye
I wonder why a little,
why the gods above me
who must be in the know
think so little of me
they allow you to go.


I've always felt that every time daddy comes back home... it must be like Christmas to them! I totally imagine little Isaac climbing in bed with mom and dad and I can see daddy being sandwiched, squeezed and used as a pillow. Maybe he is not able to fall asleep right away... so excited he is to be back... then he smiles and the warmth just kicks in and he finally drifts into slumber with his two most precious ones in his arms.

So this is Christmas for the Fynns!

No comments: